The suite of birds
From Becdelièvre street, an imposing staircase leads to the house. Beneath its ceiling, culminating at almost twelve meters in height, winds a flat vaulted staircase whose architectural technique is remarkable for its elegance and virtuosity. In the center of this majestic setting, the visitor is welcomed by a Diana huntress created by the sculptor Coysevox. Access to the suite of birds, which occupies a large part of the ground floor, is then via the large living room which, like the bedroom, overlooks the balcony and the garden.
The suite itself consists of a large bedroom with direct access to the garden, a small painted boudoir (former artist's office), as well as a large living room with Indian-style walls that can accommodate the sleeping two more people. The large bathroom adjoining the two rooms has a large bathtub including a shower.
What we offer you:
- A unique atmosphere, made up of ancient objects and creations by artists.
- Generous spaces (the bedroom and its outbuilding offer more than 80m² of surface area).
- A study available, with desk and wifi.
- For each guest, a hearty local and organic breakfast.
- Direct access to the balcony, garden and terrace.
- A pleasant interior temperature, even in the heart of summer, thanks to the thick walls and the Montpellier architecture of the house.
- A private parking space in the garden (access with badge loaned for the duration of the stay).
- An exceptional location in the heart of the old town of Puy-en-Velay, a few steps from the cathedral and the rue des Tables.
- An equally exceptional environment with, a few minutes by car, but also accessible by bike via the greenways, superb natural sites: the Loire gorges, the Mézenc massif, the Bouchet lake...
- Accommodation strategically placed at the start or on the route of many "nature" routes: Chemin de Saint Jacques (GR65), Chemin de Stevenson...
- Many events and festivals: Renaissance celebrations of the King of the Bird, La Chaise-Dieu music festival, Trail du Saint-Jacques by UTMB...
Discover in pictures the spaces in which we welcome you.